Thursday, June 11, 2009

So....

I'll be around to read blogs soon--I hope. Just realized how long it's been since I posted and figured I'd mention I'm still alive.

Yesterday I got my daughter on the road to California and her new life there. I figure it will take me a month to recover from the past 10 days! At least that's how it feels. Between lack of sleep, frantic packing and shipping, trying to get her car fixed up in time, etc. I'm exhausted. I'm also numb, relieved, missing her and a whole bunch of other emotions I can't yet name.

During this time I also learned my ex's girlfriend has moved into our old house and they're about to go off for a vacation in Paris, France. Don't get me wrong--I'm glad he's happy. I don't begrudge them these things. But...it is another change and he and I lived in Paris for a year when we were first married. So it's more emotions to deal with. Not jealousy exactly. More the sense of changes happening. And remembering the days of being the one walking those streets so many, many years ago.

Anyway, I'm way behind on my work, still needing to catch up on sleep and processing a lot of emotions.

Wishing all of you well and hoping to catch up soon on your blogs. Sending blessings and safe and gentle (((((((hugs))))))).
April_optimist

8 comments:

April_optimist said...

Thank you Colleen. I suspect it's going to take me a while to catch up on sleep, work and reclaim my house. ;-)

Kim said...

I second that - take care of you and give yourself some downtime to process all the emotions triggered by recent events.

Kahless said...

I hope you are taking some time out to look after yourself.

Just Be Real said...

So glad you are still around dear one!

((((April))))

jumpinginpuddles said...

we get so sad saying goodbye even if it is when we know it is the right thing to do.

gypsy-heart said...

I imagine you are feeling more rested by now...eh?

Change is an adjustment. They are walking the streets of Paris..as you said..you've been down those roads. You my dear are on your own path now..one of new places to explore.

Love and light to you,

~gypsy-heart

Marj aka Thriver said...

How's the adjustment and the rest going? Did you get a chance to process any of those feelings?

April_optimist said...

Thanks everyone.