Colleen challenged me to do this variation of the 10 honest things. I think it's a great exercise because I suspect we all tend to think first of what we perceive as our failings instead of our strengths. But those things we like are the basis, the foundation for our ability to change and our belief that we can. So here goes, not in any particular order...
1) I'm creative.
2) I'm resilient.
3) I have the courage to do things even when they scare me.
4) I'm supportive of others and able to help people feel good about themselves.
5) I can knit and sew and often get compliments on the things I make.
6) I'm a great public speaker.
7) I'm good with money.
8) I'm a good mother and a good friend.
9) I'm intelligent.
10) I'm a really good writer.
When I look at this list, I see the things that have allowed me to make major changes in my life.
It reminds me that it's okay to take chances because odds are I'll figure out a way to do whatever it is that's important to me.
It reminds me that I'm not a victim. I was as a child but now I'm a strong, competent woman who can handle challenges that come my way.
It reminds me that it's okay to be happy now.
So....what would your list look like? I invite everyone to play!
Sending blessings and safe and gentle (((((((hugs)))))))),