With this award I'm supposed to list 10 honest things about myself.
1) I'm a coward. It gets better all the time but my first reaction to something new is to be scared. I always have to take deep breaths and reset my thinking before I can do them. The good thing is that once I do them, I have more evidence that I can do things and I don't need to be scared.
2) I get impatient with my kids. I want my son (who has Down Syndrome) to realize that if he followed rules, his life would be easier. I wish he had all the freedom in the world to live the way he wants, but that is not his reality. I get impatient with my daughter when she goes in circles worrying about making absolutely sure she makes the right choice about anything. The irony is that I know this may be at least in part due to watching me do that as she grew up.
3) My house is nowhere near as neat as I'd like. It's far better than when I was married but it's not at the level I'd like it to be.
4) I love playing video games, especially games like Zelda.
5) I hate cold weather and ice and snow. I grew up in a cold climate and my ancestors are from cold climates but....I'd much rather have warmth.
6) Even though I have a lot of published books, there are times when I don't feel like a “real” writer. The one thing that helps is that most published writers I know also have those moments of self-doubt.
7) I hate confrontation. I suspect I always will.
8) My dog gets to sleep on my bed and I feel safer having her in the house.
9) I wish I could spend more time with my kids even though I know the greatest gift I can give them is the freedom to create their own lives.
10) I believe that deep within us is the courage and resilience we need to heal. I believe that by reaching for moments of joy in our lives, we nourish that courage and resilience and in accepting ourselves we have the best shot of becoming the people we want to be.
And now I'd like to pass the award on to:
Jumping in Puddles
If, that is, you want to play. And I'm sure I'm forgetting people I really should add to this list.
Sending blessings and safe and gentle (((((((hugs))))))),